Thursday, August 27, 2009

Gotta love it- incredible, but not so edible

James decided to start this morning off with a lighthearted egg toss game, and although this unfortunate egg never did get a chance to ruin my bowl of cereal (I was grateful) it did end up sustaining some serious, life-threatening injuries. Not to worry, an egg is easily expendable; you simply toss it in the garbage and there is relatively no change in day or lifestyle. Throwing away a cracked egg is completely harmless, in fact, until you factor in my 2 year old. Jonathan is a trash-digger by nature, and he is always curious about the contents of his favorite white container with the cool flip-lid. He must have somehow known about this new addition, because about 30 minutes later, I found him with a coated drinking glass. Fortunately, he tends to get a little hung up on how the tall glasses work, and the egg plastered his stomach on the outside rather than the inside. After cleaning that mess, I assumed we were done with the incident. That is, until I opened up the washing machine and found I had to shake the life out of every single thing. Apparently the trash can is not as intersting a place for an egg shell as an agitating wash machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment