Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Cookie

Lately, the young Jonathan has a thing for "cookies." A cookie, in Jonathan's definition, is anything that tastes good, or he thinks will taste good, at a given time. Usually when he asks me for a cookie, I have to follow his little pointed finger to figure out his secret wish. Yesterday, it was a frozen waffle. The kid could care less for a fresh waffle, could care less for a toasted waffle; he likes them frozen from the L'eggo factory. Sometimes a cookie is a lolly pop, sometimes it's not even food. For example, my little scented, wax "tarts" for my tart burner. He smelled like Christmas for an entire evening after chowing one of those down last month.
Last night I found a recipe for chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Jonamonk begged for one from the time I first started mixing the ingredients. When they were finally ready, I gave him his Spiderman plate and a cookie. He promptly thanked me and brought it out to the living room for dinner and a movie (Cars, of course). Before he had even finished his first, he came back out to load up his little plate. Meanwhile, Ethan baby was enjoying finger and face painting with melted chocolate chips.
This made for the best bed time ever. Nothing washes down a cookie better than milk, so to bed they both went with little milk sippies. Score for babies, score for mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment