Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Resolutions.

I started off my new year making, what I thought, was a very good set of resolutions. Exercise every other day, or at least 3 days a week (that way if I stink all week I can make it up at the very end), do some laundry every other day, or at least 3 days a week (same idea), etc. I think I only had 4 total. Then life came back into the picture, and so far I have failed dismally in all regards. Somewhere in the middle of the month, I decided I would subscribe to "monthly resolutions" instead. For January, my goal was to stop "sucking at life" (sorry if the language is offensive to anyone, I just don't know how else to put it. Stinking does not do the condition justice). For any who may be unfamiliar with this condition, it is multifaceted. Sucking at life may include, but is not limited to: neglecting to plan for dinner before 5:30, forgetting to take the garbage out until you hear the garbage truck, getting at least 3 billing statements from the doctor's office before making your payment (especially if it is less than $10), leaving clothes in your washing machine until they have to be re-washed, repeatedly letting your cell phone battery die, etc. etc.
I couldn't believe how well I was doing with all of this. I even paid my Time Warner Cable bill, even though they are *impossible* to pay online without having all sorts of information, like the middle name of the first son of your neighbor's great grandmother. Danielle was getting the hang of life. Until this morning, when I had to chase the recyclables truck halfway up the road while my eldest was making a spinach and sun-dried tomato salad on the kitchen floor. Oh well, there's always February.

1 comment:

  1. I suck at life too. I'm going to adopt your monthly resolution too... but which one to choose? Should I commit to not letting garbage pile up and just walk it to the dumpster? Decide to eat more healthy which means no more sweets? That might work, I just found some yummy soup recipes on Allrecipes.... Or, should I re-commit to exercising more instead of watching Law and Order for hours at a time? humm, so may ways I suck... :) But way to go paying the time warner bill... they suck. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete