Sunday, May 24, 2009

creative laundry

My 2 year old has a funny habit where he takes sippy cups and shakes them upside down until they drip into puddles. "Spill proof," maybe, but "toddler mess proof," not so much. He also has a few sippy cups he can actually get apart, which speeds up the process. So, this morning, we were getting in the car for church when I realized he had sat in this morning's applejuice and had a very suspicious looking wet mark on his little bottom. I knew what it was, of course, but as for everyone else at church, well, it definitely looked bad. I quickly inventoried in my mind all of the clean outfits he had left upstairs to change into. I thought of several highwaters (the waist fits so well, as they are size 12 months), and a few longer pants where the waist is almost wide enough to fit his baby brother in too. I sighed and did what any self-respecting young mother would do- took his pants off, and held them out the window the entire way to church to air dry. Yes, if you were driving on 81 South today, that crazy woman driver was me. I can't imagine what people must have thought, but i certainly felt cool managing the wheel, directionals, and everything else with my right hand and my knee. I kinda felt like a 10 minute mini Adam Piner. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment