Thursday, May 20, 2010

Adventures of Preggers Past

Two falls ago, James and I had a pretty perfect Tuesday/ Thursday routine. He got done with class at 2:15, I would meet him at LeMoyne with Jonathan, and the 3 1/2 of us would have lunch together before I left to go for my 3 o'clock shift. One such beautiful day, I took the Monkey outside, loaded him in the car, and turned the key in the ignition. Now, let's dial it back about 16 hours.

Jessica and I went to go on an evening of adventures (I think we exchanged something at the body shop and possibly bought socks-- something that is only fun because you are with an awesome friend), and I remember on my way home, I drove right past the gas station thinking, "I just don't wanna."

So, now as I am turning my key in the ignition, nothing happens. I quickly went through options in my head. (1) Hyundai roadside assistance (2) ask Jessica to drop what she is doing and help me out, or (3) toss Monkey in the umbrella stroller and book it for the nearest gas station. I decided, for some reason, that #3 was the easiest. I tried to guess which of the two nearby gas stations was the closest, and away we went. I can't imagine what I must have looked like, on the way there-- a pregger in scrubs racing with a scared kid in an umbrella stroller, or on the way back, with an added gas can. Anyway, after I reached home, having had some pretty intense activity-related contractions and feeling like a real winner, I decided I would never again cruise by a gas station on E.

1 comment:

  1. I was so mad (not really mad, but pretending to be) you didn't call me! I felt so horrible you ran to that gas station, preggers, with Jonathan, before work, when I was just down the hill. But I do get that there is a certain satisfaction that comes from doing things and succeeding all by yourself. But still :) Love ya, you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete