Thursday, May 20, 2010

Date Night!

A couple of weeks ago, my aunt and uncle offered to watch the boys one night while James and I went out for the evening. We thought they were just being polite, and figured it would never come to fruition. Then my aunt actually pulled out her planner and started talking about a day. I was floored. I pulled out my planner, we chatted and when Thursday night came, so did they. It was an almost surreal experience, made more real by Ethan's screaming, which we heard almost the entire to drive to Scotch & Sirloin.

We were shocked when we arrived home, and Aunt Sue already had her planner in hand. "What day works for next week?"

So, tonight was date night number 2. We finally settled on a restaurant (Bonefish Grill), and ordered salads. James opted for the anchovies on his caesar salad. I tried not to make a face. "Honey, you need to try one. They are delicious."
"No thanks."
"Have you ever tried one before?"
"Not yet. I decided my first anchovy experience will be when I make homemade caesar dressing."
"Here you go."

A moment later James informed me that he saw me move the anchovy under my plate. He placed it back on my salad. I grudgingly moved the anchovy to my fork, and a moment later was holding my most sour face. "Nice try, Danielle." He shifted my plate a little to the left. "Oh look, an anchovy." James put the anchovy on his bread plate as the waitress cleared it.

"You didn't have to do that, James, I was going to eat it."
"No, you weren't."
"I would have."
I should have known better. After 4 years of marriage, I KNOW he will always call my bluff. He offered a replacement, I was cornered. It turns out they are not so bad as I expected.

After dinner, and as we were leaving Kohl's, James spotted their version of the reusable bag. It is a perfect design, and even snaps up into a little square. It accompanied me this evening to Wegmans. I felt pretty cool, eco friendly bag carrying my organic berries, until I couldn't fit into my car--- my shopping basket was still slung over my arm. Trendy FAIL.

1 comment:

  1. OH Ethan!! I remember when he would scream for us when we watched him. Josh could get him to calm down, I couldn't :( But yeah for date night! Oh, and I got one of those super cute Wegman's bags, the one with the flowers on it. I love it, but usually forget to bring it :( Fail.

    ReplyDelete