Monday, March 23, 2009

absence makes...

When I called tonight to say I was on my way home from work, I was greeted with "say goodnight to the Monkey!" On comes my (nearly) 2 year old, speaking his random nonsense language, making me laugh and miss him even more. His little voice is the best thing I have heard in some time. There is nothing in the world I would rather listen to. When I am home alone with him, however, I can only take so much "ah ba da doleum, yaw!" I swear the only sentence he can say is "hole in it." ?.
It's like that with a lot of little things. Like when James recanted stories tonight of the naught-a-monkey-- "He climbed up on the table, took his little pants off, and poured an entire box of frosted miniwheats into them!" This sounds adorable to me right now. The naughty little things always are when you aren't there to be responsible to clean up the mess and teach the guy manners.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog!! I laughed out loud!! You are pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete