Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Nearly.

This morning I woke up, ready to conquer the world. Or, at least, to conquer my to do list. They sometimes appear as one and the same. I got the boys all dressed and ready, and got out the door before 9:30. That's practically unheard of for a person such as myself. We can't even manage to do it well on Sundays, when we sort of have to. Anyway, our first destination was Rite Aid, to take and develop a picture for the Monk's birthday invitations. Everything was looking great. Jonathan actually took a nice picture on the first try (never mind the fact that it was a "driving" picture, and he was thrilled to sit in the front of the car), the Rite Aid that is only a mile from our house had a picture kiosk, and Jonathan actually was willing to sit in their shopping carts. I remembered the little adapter to make my SD card go in the kiosk, and was on my way to checkout bliss. This is where life started to get sad. I opened up my purse and discovered there was no wallet. Craptastic. I figured it must have fallen out in the closet where I keep my purse, but I was a dreamer. I called work. "Chris? Hey... could you see if I left my wallet in my locker, and if it is put on my combination lock??" Long pause..... and, hooray! Chris found and locked my wallet! I grabbed a spare checkbook figuring I could get through life with that. Alas, my work ID wouldn't cut it, and since my drivers license is in my wallet at work, I had no choice but to come home, an hour later, with nothing accomplished except mailing my rent. Thank goodness I had a quarter and two dimes.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the early start. It's like that one exhilarating moment when you think you're flying, right before you realize you're falling.

    ReplyDelete